ABA: more than just table time
- HomeABA: more than just table time
ABA therapy, is recognized as a safe, effective intervention for Autism. ABA is the acronym for Applied Behavior Analysis.
Here are some skills some of our current clients are working on:
* basic skills such as looking, listening and imitating, making choices
* building language through simple requests, labeling and finding items or activities with verbs, adverbs and prepositions.
* calmly requesting the removal of aversive
* social skills such as perspective talking and conversations
* independent & cooperative play skills
* asking and answering questions
* self help skills including bathing, tooth brushing and toilet training
* Self Moitoring engagement in adaptive behavior
* Problem Solving and Negotiation
* Early elementary academic skills including reading and math taught using direct instruction and fluency training.
How can we help you?
“We work with the child and family where they are now and walk with them on their journey toward a more independent tomorrow.” Dana Affrunti, M.S., BCBA
For more about behavior analysis follow the link to these websites:
Association of Professional Behavior Analysts
Association for Behavior Analysis International
Behavior Analyst Certification Board
Autism Speaks – Applied Behavior Analysis ABA